Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Contentment again!!!

1 Timothy 6

3If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,4he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

I am in a battle one with my mind, hopes and dreams and the words of God.

I know I have so much to be thankful for. I know I am rich far beyond what I deserve! So why do I find myself always wanting more?? I hate it! I am never satisfied with what I have. I am selfish and ungrateful.

I wish I could pluck this out of my heart and just be content! Not by gaining worldly possessions or stuff I want but by just being content with what I have right NOW! Content in Jesus! I spend time reading His word and realise how far short I fall. Paul was so in love with Him and His people. He was passionate about the Gospel and sharing it with others. He was unafraid to stand up for Jesus even when it meant jail and beatings. I want that passion! I want to live for Jesus like that no matter the cost! Everything here on earth will fade away. Only Jesus and your eternal state with Him, will one day matter so why am I so attached to this world and it's stuff! It's not where I belong!

No comments: