Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Trusting God....even when you don't want too!

Emotions are a wonderful gift from God but also I find that they get in the way of our walk with Him.

One minuet things are going OK God, is "on your side" and its easy to trust Him, sing to Him, talk to others about Him and follow the Bible, hey even read it!
Then the next minuet something awful happens, I mean not on a massive disaster scale, but an unexpected bill comes through the post, your child is sick and keeps you up all night, your friend lets you down at the last minuet, your internet connection stops working for no reason, you forgot to take the meat out of the freezer for dinner, or your blue recycling box goes missing etc, etc. So God must totally be "against" me now! I mean how could He let this happen!!!???
See how easy it is too lose perspective. Maybe that's just me!

Its often when I find myself controlled by my emotions that I think of Job. If anyone had reason to blame God for bad things happening it was him, but that's not his response.

"The Lord gives and the Lord takes away"

Now I not suggesting that God took my recycling box away, it was probably just the wind it has been windy, or that He stopped my internet connection, just to be mean etc, but the point I want to make is that why should we only trust God when life is easy and things work the way they are meant to or stay where we put them?

God is God whether its sunny or rainy He doesn't change, never has done, never will. He is faithful. Are we as Christian's not meant to be the mirror image of God. Jesus came to show us God in human form He didn't change because his emotions dictated to Him. Even on the cross in pain and agony He still thought of others and asked God to forgive them.

How often when I'm having a bad day do I forget to think of others and worry about myself!?

We trust in God at all times not just when it feels good, but during the dark nights, when your child is screaming, when you have minus amounts in your bank account, when some relationships in your life seem hard and bleak. God is there.

We trust in God even when our emotions, don't feel like letting go of that thing or person that's annoying us, we trust God even when we know in our head we should read the bible but we don't feel like it or can't be bothered! We need to pick it up and read! Lorna I'm talking to you!!! It's not gonna help you gathering dust on a shelf!

You never know God might bless you with a peace that passes all understanding, you've had it before you know how to get it so just let go and trust Him.

Still, my soul be still
And do not fear
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
God is on your side
No longer dread
The fires of unexpected sorrow

God, you are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace, renew and steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone

Still, my soul be still
Do not be moved
By lesser lights and fleeting shadows
Hold on to His ways
With shield of faith
Against temptations flaming arrows

God, you are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace, renew and steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone

Still,my soul be still
Do not forsake
The truth you learned in the beginning
Wait upon the Lord
And hope will rise
As stars appear when day is dimming

God, you are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace, renew and steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone
Copyright Thank you music

This is my prayer for all Christians everywhere, myself inc

No comments: