Sunday, October 11, 2009

O Church arise!


O Church and put your armor on;
Hear the call of Christ our Captain
For now the weak can say that they are strong
In the strength that God has given.
With shield of faith and belt of truth
We'll stand against the Devil's lies;
An army bold who's battle cry is "Love!"
Reaching out to those in darkness.

Getty/Townsend

Last night I had an amazing time at our quiz night, I feel we as a church really got to know people outside our normal contact with them, the building was filled with unbelievers and believers all taking part in a fun quiz, eating and listening to a message about religion and Christianity.

It never ceases to amazing me how as a Christian I am constantly trying to do better(religion). As if anything I could do could make me into a better person! As we heard today in Church only Christ can change the heart.
It's like saying Christ's death needs to be added too.

I forget how strong the Devil is at playing with my mind, and telling me I need more, like good living, prayer and Bible reading. Which in themselves are good things, but they don't make me right before God. Only Christ can do that only, His death on the cross can pay for my sins. If I, who have loved Christ for over 15 years now (not always as much as I should have),so easily forget its all about Grace how can I expect others who are unbelievers to just suddenly start believing?

I long for people to know Christ and be saved from the darkness they are living in. But until the Spirit guides them how can they accept it? This then is surely a challenge to pray that the Spirit would work, in them and me, before I can expect salvation to happen.

So I'll put my armour on and start to pray, I wonder what will happen?

No comments: